Had a blast fly fishing with my family at Catamount Ranch in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Very old terra cotta mosaic in a friend’s apartment building in Washington, D.C.
At the Steamboat Art Museum. Her piece that we placed in the One Steamboat Place lobby was in it. I adore her work!
Rick caught this shot at a rodeo…love the colors and the composition.
Our garden in the summer.
I hope you are having a great summer!
Designers deal with fabrics and wallcoverings daily. It is their discerning eye that can look at two fabric samples, which to others might seem identical, and determine which would look best on a piece a furniture. Presented with new samples daily, most of the designers have pinned up the fabrics they love or that inspire them around their desks. This month, we asked everyone to share their current favorites. With so much love for fabrics and wallcoverings, you might just call us a bunch of …
1. Pierre Frey ‘Grace’ in Confetti – Kelly Caron 2. Mark Alexander ‘Trip’ in Mojave – Kristin Magowitz 3. Larsen ‘Philmore’ in Red Tulip – Kelly Caron 4. Lorca ‘Coquine’ in Fuschia-Buttermilk – Courtney Enright 5. Manuel Canovas ‘Kazan’ in Rose Indien – Kelly Caron 6. Pierre Frey ‘Eve’ in Confetti – Kelly Caron 7. Stanford Furniture ‘Fine Linen’ – Jenny Ladutko 8. Brentano ‘Coloratura’ in Giovanna – Lisa Whitley 9. Manuel Canovas ‘Bella’ in Rose Indien – Courtney Enright 10. Schumacher ‘Betwixt’ in Spark-Ivory – Heather Lemieux
1. Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Shumacher ‘Darya Ikat’ in Caravan – Diane Lancaster 2. Donghia ‘Casino’ in Color Mirage – Diane Lancaster 3. Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Shumacher ‘Adras Ikat’ in Caravan – Diane Lancaster 4. Schumacher ‘Imperial Trellis in Velvet’ in Chartreuse – Diane Lancaster 5. Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Shumacher ‘Sinhala Linen’ in Bittersweet – Diane Lancaster 6. Threads for Lee Jofa in ‘Exuberance’ in Indigo-Celery – Lisa Whitley 7. Designtex ‘W’ in Pear – Katherine Brink 8. Osbourne & Little ‘Catamaran’ in Marina – Heather Lemieux 9. Larsen ‘Sunset’ in Grass Green – Kelly Caron 10. Kravet Couture ‘Fluid Design’ in Quince – Heather Lemieux
1. Kelly Wearstler for Groundworks ‘Water Stripe’ in Juniper-Lake – Laura Page 2. Holland and Sherry ‘Dedale’ in Celadon – Adrienne Warner 3. Zoffany ‘Amoura’ in Emerald-Lime – Laura Page 4. Elitis ‘En Plein Desir’ in Aqua – Haley Grant 5. Designtex ‘Loop to Loop’ in Lagoon – Katherine Brink 6. Larsen ‘Edendale’ in Poppy Gold – Cindy Munn 7. Brunschwig & Fils ‘Zhen Velvet’ in Sapphire – Marianna Barbrey 8. Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Shumacher ‘Adras Ikat’ in Sky – Lisa Whitley 9. Link Outdoor ‘Zinnia’ in Azure – Adrienne Warner 10. Brunschwig & Fils ‘Bamboo Trellis’ in Blue – Marianna Barbrey
1. Clarence House ‘Labyrinth’ in Pale Blue – Jenny Ladutko 2. Jane Churchill ‘Oriel’ in Red and Blue – Heather Lemieux 3. Clarence House ‘Tibet Print’ in Pale Blue – Kelly Caron 4. Kerry Joyce Textiles ‘Rigoletto’ in Lagoon – Marianna Barbrey 5. Manuel Canovas ‘Safari’ in Jade – Heather Lemieux 6. Phillip Jeffries ‘Imperial Gates’ in Dove and Taupe on Linen – Heather Lemieux 7. Robert Allen ‘Calming Effect’ in Cornflower – Laura Page 8. Castel – ‘Kasuri’ in Nattier – Lisa Whitley 9. Elitis ‘Vulcano’ in VP 744 06 – Laura Page 10. Donghia ‘Stitch in Time’ in Rainforest Yellow – Laura Page
1. Hickory Chair ‘3928-99’ – Laura Page 2. Larsen ‘Sunset’ in Spice – Laura Page 3. China Seas ‘Aga Reverse’ in Brown on Tinted – Emily Morrel 4. Schumacher ‘Soho Weave’ in Charcoal – Heather Lemieux 5. Hickory Chair ‘3943-96’ in Gray-Black – Kristin Magowitz 6. M&K Textiles ‘Coral’ in Akbar Gray – Emily Morrel 7. Phillip Jeffries ‘The Voyage Collection’ in Grey on Raffia – Heather Lemieux 8. Pine Cone Hill ‘Painted Stripes in Linen Grey’ – Jennifer Jukofsky 9. Hickory Chair ‘3937-68’ in Gray-Black – Kristin Magowitz
The pictures of some of these gorgeous textiles don’t do them justice or show some of the incredible detail. To see samples or for more information send us an email at email@example.com.
I love the color of these doors on this home on Lake Summit, NC. It reminds me of a color I selected for the Palmetto Bluff post office (see insets). We are using this color combination for a traditional cottage there now. I will share photos when it is complete!
We saw these impressive food vendors in Ghana.
I spotted this brown and white laser cut barrel bag at Henri Bendel in New York City. It is very similar to the one I am currently carrying!
Also while in New York I went to Ivanka Trumps Flagship Boutique and Bridal Salon with my daughters Grace and Sarah. What a unique space.
We took this silly picture of my pug while eating on the dock one night. It is too cute not to share.
I hope you are having a great summer!
Every now and then, we will explain through descriptive text and visual images, terms that we use regularly but that may be new to you. The proper terminology will undoubtedly bring out your inner designer, so without further ado:
Arteriors Lawton Grey Shagreen Embossed Lamp (Available through J Banks Retail)
Shagreen Trays by Made Goods (Available in J Banks Retail)
Shagreen bracelet and trays (both available at J Banks Retail), Shagreen earrings
J Banks Designer, Shelley Wilkins, specified the faux shagreen garden stools from the J Banks Retail Store for the living room of the Coastal Living Palmetto Bluff Style Home.
Do you have an interior design term you would like us to explain? We would love to hear from you!