Designers deal with fabrics and wallcoverings daily. It is their discerning eye that can look at two fabric samples, which to others might seem identical, and determine which would look best on a piece a furniture. Presented with new samples daily, most of the designers have pinned up the fabrics they love or that inspire them around their desks. This month, we asked everyone to share their current favorites. With so much love for fabrics and wallcoverings, you might just call us a bunch of …
1. Pierre Frey ‘Grace’ in Confetti – Kelly Caron 2. Mark Alexander ‘Trip’ in Mojave – Kristin Magowitz 3. Larsen ‘Philmore’ in Red Tulip – Kelly Caron 4. Lorca ‘Coquine’ in Fuschia-Buttermilk – Courtney Enright 5. Manuel Canovas ‘Kazan’ in Rose Indien – Kelly Caron 6. Pierre Frey ‘Eve’ in Confetti – Kelly Caron 7. Stanford Furniture ‘Fine Linen’ – Jenny Ladutko 8. Brentano ‘Coloratura’ in Giovanna – Lisa Whitley 9. Manuel Canovas ‘Bella’ in Rose Indien – Courtney Enright 10. Schumacher ‘Betwixt’ in Spark-Ivory – Heather Lemieux
1. Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Shumacher ‘Darya Ikat’ in Caravan – Diane Lancaster 2. Donghia ‘Casino’ in Color Mirage – Diane Lancaster 3. Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Shumacher ‘Adras Ikat’ in Caravan – Diane Lancaster 4. Schumacher ‘Imperial Trellis in Velvet’ in Chartreuse – Diane Lancaster 5. Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Shumacher ‘Sinhala Linen’ in Bittersweet – Diane Lancaster 6. Threads for Lee Jofa in ‘Exuberance’ in Indigo-Celery – Lisa Whitley 7. Designtex ‘W’ in Pear – Katherine Brink 8. Osbourne & Little ‘Catamaran’ in Marina – Heather Lemieux 9. Larsen ‘Sunset’ in Grass Green – Kelly Caron 10. Kravet Couture ‘Fluid Design’ in Quince – Heather Lemieux
1. Kelly Wearstler for Groundworks ‘Water Stripe’ in Juniper-Lake – Laura Page 2. Holland and Sherry ‘Dedale’ in Celadon – Adrienne Warner 3. Zoffany ‘Amoura’ in Emerald-Lime – Laura Page 4. Elitis ‘En Plein Desir’ in Aqua – Haley Grant 5. Designtex ‘Loop to Loop’ in Lagoon – Katherine Brink 6. Larsen ‘Edendale’ in Poppy Gold – Cindy Munn 7. Brunschwig & Fils ‘Zhen Velvet’ in Sapphire – Marianna Barbrey 8. Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Shumacher ‘Adras Ikat’ in Sky – Lisa Whitley 9. Link Outdoor ‘Zinnia’ in Azure – Adrienne Warner 10. Brunschwig & Fils ‘Bamboo Trellis’ in Blue – Marianna Barbrey
1. Clarence House ‘Labyrinth’ in Pale Blue – Jenny Ladutko 2. Jane Churchill ‘Oriel’ in Red and Blue – Heather Lemieux 3. Clarence House ‘Tibet Print’ in Pale Blue – Kelly Caron 4. Kerry Joyce Textiles ‘Rigoletto’ in Lagoon – Marianna Barbrey 5. Manuel Canovas ‘Safari’ in Jade – Heather Lemieux 6. Phillip Jeffries ‘Imperial Gates’ in Dove and Taupe on Linen – Heather Lemieux 7. Robert Allen ‘Calming Effect’ in Cornflower – Laura Page 8. Castel – ‘Kasuri’ in Nattier – Lisa Whitley 9. Elitis ‘Vulcano’ in VP 744 06 – Laura Page 10. Donghia ‘Stitch in Time’ in Rainforest Yellow – Laura Page
1. Hickory Chair ‘3928-99’ – Laura Page 2. Larsen ‘Sunset’ in Spice – Laura Page 3. China Seas ‘Aga Reverse’ in Brown on Tinted – Emily Morrel 4. Schumacher ‘Soho Weave’ in Charcoal – Heather Lemieux 5. Hickory Chair ‘3943-96’ in Gray-Black – Kristin Magowitz 6. M&K Textiles ‘Coral’ in Akbar Gray – Emily Morrel 7. Phillip Jeffries ‘The Voyage Collection’ in Grey on Raffia – Heather Lemieux 8. Pine Cone Hill ‘Painted Stripes in Linen Grey’ – Jennifer Jukofsky 9. Hickory Chair ‘3937-68’ in Gray-Black – Kristin Magowitz
The pictures of some of these gorgeous textiles don’t do them justice or show some of the incredible detail. To see samples or for more information send us an email at email@example.com.
The long warm days of summer are perfect for being outside. We asked our design team to share their favorites outdoor pieces and how they prefer to enjoy…
1. Glowing planters from Serra Lunga for Tada Hospitality – Jennifer Jukofsky 2. Brantley Lantern in Verdigris with clear glass by Visual Comfort – Shelley Wilkins 3. Floor candles from Artesia – Janet Perry 4. Dedon Superarchimoon Lighting by Flos – Kristin Magowitz 5. Outdoor Lamp by Seasonal Living – Janet Perry 6. Glowing Ming High Family planters from Serra Lunga for Tada Hospitality – Laura Page
1.Gervasoni In Out table by Paola Navone – Haley Grant 2. Dedon Play bistro table – Doris Gilch & Dedon Play woven chair – Lisa Whitley 3. Tray, cake stand, glasses and ice bucket all by Guzzini and made of heavy duty, scratch resistant plastic – Anna Ruby 4. Outdoor firepit by AK47 – Doris Gilch 5. Exuma privacy lounge by Tuuci – Laura Page 6. Baronciole Rama Table – Adrienne Warner
1. In Out Collection chairs by Gervasoni – Doris Gilch 2. Glazed Ridged Stool with removable padded seat by Seasonal Living – Janet Perry 3. Forest Chair by Janus et Cie – Lauren Thomas 4. McKinnon and Harris Otey Club Chair and Ottoman – Jenny Ladutko 5. Two Toned Ringed Cylinder Table from Seasonal Living – Lisa Whitley 6. Amari High Back Chair by Janus et Cie – Lisa Whitley
1. Swing Rest by Dedon – Kristin Magowitz 2. Nest Rest by Dedon – Laura Page 3. Swinging Day Bed by Lowcountry Originals – Shelley Wilkins 4. Santorini Outdoor Fabric in grapefruit pink by Donghia – Diane Lancaster 5. Bed Swing with X sides and X back by Lowcountry Originals – Jenny Ladutko 6. Leaf Chaise by Frank Ligthart for Dedon – Haley Grant 7. St. Barts outdoor fabric in tangerine orange by Donghia – Diane Lancaster 8. Baronciole Daybed – Adrienne Warner 9. ZigZag Sunbrella fabric by Donghia – Diane Lancaster 10. Fibonacci Double Vantanna Chaise by Janus et Cie – Lisa Whitley
1. Private residence in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 2. The pool and surrounding patio of the Hotel Castello di Casole in Tuscany, Italy 3.Outdoor furniture at the J Banks Design RBC Heritage Hospitality Tent. This furniture now resides in the J Banks Courtyard and was designed by Philippe Starck for Kartell. The Bubble Armchairs can be used inside or outside and are made in Italy. 4. The Residences at Esperanza Resort, Los Cabos, Mexico 5. A gorgeous table we designed for an anniversary party.
What is your favorite outdoor furnishing or decor item?
Mirror, mirror on the wall (we asked our design team to tell us) who’s….
1. Driftwood Mirror – Lauren Thomas 2. Venus Mirror by Made Goods (available through J Banks Retail) – Heather Lemieux 3. Dawn Mirror by Made Goods (available through J Banks Retail) – Lisa Whitley 4. Oyster Stick Mirror specified by designer, Cindy Munn, for the Woodfield Long Point Clubhouse in Charleston, SC 5. Horn Mirror (available through J Banks Retail) – Jenny Ladutko 6. Coco Mirror by Made Goods (available through J Banks Retail) – Jenny Ladutko
1. Knot Mirror – Haley Grant 2. Mandarin Mirror (available through J Banks Retail) – Shelley Wilkins 3. Erastos Mirror by Made Goods (available through J Banks Retail) – Lisa Whitley 4. Fennel Mirror by Hickory Chair (available through J Banks Retail) – Lisa Whitley 5. J Banks Designer, Shelley Wilkins, cleverly had these antique hand mirrors (found in an antique store in North Carolina) hung on the wall of the ladies restroom of J Banks Design project, One Steamboat Place, Steamboat Springs, CO.
1 & 2. Antique gilded mirrors both purchased from the Pandolfini Auction House in Florence, Italy and installed in a private residence at Castello di Casole, Tuscany, Italy – Adrienne Warner 3. Beautiful mirrored dividers with mirrored table and chandelier – Sharon Cleland 4. ZZ Globe mirror by Christopher Guy (available through J Banks Retail) – Haley Grant 5. Twig mirror by Christopher Guy (available through J Banks Retail) – Haley Grant
All from the J Banks Collection for Stanford Furniture: 1. The Caron Mirror and the Caron Mirror in namesake Designer Kelly Caron’s home (chest, light fixture and accessories all from J Banks Retail) . 2. The Marianna Mirror 3. The Jenny Mirror. All of these mirrors can be finished in the purchasers choice of over 24 stains or any Benjamin Moore paint color.
1. Fiona Mirror by Made Goods (available in J Banks Retail) – Cindy Munn 2. Bound Mirror by Grain Design – Doris Gilch 3. Nova Mirror by Ironies (available in J Banks Retail) – Laura Page 4. Capri Mirror by Kenneth Wingard – Doris Gilch 5. Brooke Mirror by Made Goods (available through J Banks Retail) – Marianna Barbrey
Do you have any ‘reflections’ for us? What’s your favorite mirror?
We took one sofa in our retail store and asked each of the J Banks Designers to style the sofa and surrounding space utilizing pillows, lamps and accessories. Each Designer had the ability to create a space that not only showed their “of-the-moment” loves from our retail store, but also demonstrated how a design client can easily change a space by adding a few new elements. Every week a different Designer would style the space and the results were always unique. Below is an image of each design.
The White Sofa
Styled by Deb Van Plew
Styled by Hannah Fulton
Styled by Cindy Munn
Styled by Shelley Wilkins
Styled by Adrienne Warner
Styled by Patche Pratt
Styled by Janet Perry
Styled by Sharon Cleland
Styled by Lisa Whitley
Thank you to everyone who participated and helped with this project! It was fun seeing the same space interpreted through each different designer’s eyes.
If you’d like to purchase or receive additional information on any of these featured products, please feel free to stop by or contact our retail store at 843.682.1745. Thank you to KPM Flooring for donating the beautiful rugs that were used each week.