We asked our staff to share some of their current favorite lighting fixtures, so without further ado…
1. Lens Chandelier designed by Alison Berger for Holly Hunt
2. Lens Sconce designed by Alison Berger for Holly Hunt
Jennifer Stewart: These light fixtures were inspired by an antique screw back earring (see above). I am always drawn to pieces that have a correlation to fashion. I believe that lighting should be like the ‘jewelry for a room,’ and these two pieces would fit that description perfectly!
1. Large Chandelier Gyro and Crystal by Halo Styles
Kelly Caron: I have always loved crystal chandeliers. I am considering this piece for the living room in my home.
2. MOTHER chandelier designed by Baylar Atelier for Hudson Furniture
Haley Grant: The Mother chandelier from Hudson Furniture is a stunning work of art. It’s perfection leaves me speechless!
3. Chamber Chandelier designed by Alison Berger for Holly Hunt
Jenny Ladutko: I love the organic shape of these industrial materials. The piece is simple, clean, and elegant and would be gorgeous over a dining table!
1. Marsh Grass Copper Chandelier by Lowcountry Originals
Diane Lancaster: I love this fixture because of the mix of the different metals and because it reminds me of the beach and marsh.
2. Custom made alabaster fixture by Romano Bianchi, a J Banks vendor located in Volterra, Italy – a town about an hour from our project Castello di Casole. Volterra is known for alabaster and the lighting, picture frames, and accessories they created from the stone.
Adrienne Warner: I love the warmth of the amber. It creates a lovely glow in the evenings and the heavy veining is dramatic. This is a real statement piece. Grazie mille Roberto!
3. Vine Ball by Lowcountry Originals
Adrienne Warner: I saw this piece at the Fall High Point Market. I love the organic, naturally chic feel and that you can customize the finish color, which dramatically changes the look.
1. Moon Glow Table Lamp in White Glass with Silk Shade designed by Barbara Barry for Visual Comfort (currently available in our Retail Store)
Jenn Farese: I love the clean lines paired with the fabulous glow that this lamp omits. You can light the base, the top – or both! I also love the quality of Visual Comfort lamps. Not only are they beautiful, but they are well made and the company really stands behind their product.
2. Terri Cube Accent Lamp in Crystal with Natural Paper Shade designed by Thomas O’Brien for Visual Comfort
Jenny Ladutko: This lamp would be a fabulous small scale accent on a shelf or secretary desk. When turned on, it creates a beautiful glow.
What is important to you when selecting lighting for a space? Which of these pieces is your favorite?
If you see a piece you just have to have – give our Retail Store a call at 843-682-1745 and we will be happy to order it for you!