The long warm days of summer are perfect for being outside. We asked our design team to share their favorites outdoor pieces and how they prefer to enjoy…
1. Glowing planters from Serra Lunga for Tada Hospitality – Jennifer Jukofsky 2. Brantley Lantern in Verdigris with clear glass by Visual Comfort – Shelley Wilkins 3. Floor candles from Artesia – Janet Perry 4. Dedon Superarchimoon Lighting by Flos – Kristin Magowitz 5. Outdoor Lamp by Seasonal Living – Janet Perry 6. Glowing Ming High Family planters from Serra Lunga for Tada Hospitality – Laura Page
1.Gervasoni In Out table by Paola Navone – Haley Grant 2. Dedon Play bistro table – Doris Gilch & Dedon Play woven chair – Lisa Whitley 3. Tray, cake stand, glasses and ice bucket all by Guzzini and made of heavy duty, scratch resistant plastic – Anna Ruby 4. Outdoor firepit by AK47 – Doris Gilch 5. Exuma privacy lounge by Tuuci – Laura Page 6. Baronciole Rama Table – Adrienne Warner
1. In Out Collection chairs by Gervasoni – Doris Gilch 2. Glazed Ridged Stool with removable padded seat by Seasonal Living – Janet Perry 3. Forest Chair by Janus et Cie – Lauren Thomas 4. McKinnon and Harris Otey Club Chair and Ottoman – Jenny Ladutko 5. Two Toned Ringed Cylinder Table from Seasonal Living – Lisa Whitley 6. Amari High Back Chair by Janus et Cie – Lisa Whitley
1. Swing Rest by Dedon – Kristin Magowitz 2. Nest Rest by Dedon – Laura Page 3. Swinging Day Bed by Lowcountry Originals – Shelley Wilkins 4. Santorini Outdoor Fabric in grapefruit pink by Donghia – Diane Lancaster 5. Bed Swing with X sides and X back by Lowcountry Originals – Jenny Ladutko 6. Leaf Chaise by Frank Ligthart for Dedon – Haley Grant 7. St. Barts outdoor fabric in tangerine orange by Donghia – Diane Lancaster 8. Baronciole Daybed – Adrienne Warner 9. ZigZag Sunbrella fabric by Donghia – Diane Lancaster 10. Fibonacci Double Vantanna Chaise by Janus et Cie – Lisa Whitley
1. Private residence in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 2. The pool and surrounding patio of the Hotel Castello di Casole in Tuscany, Italy 3.Outdoor furniture at the J Banks Design RBC Heritage Hospitality Tent. This furniture now resides in the J Banks Courtyard and was designed by Philippe Starck for Kartell. The Bubble Armchairs can be used inside or outside and are made in Italy. 4. The Residences at Esperanza Resort, Los Cabos, Mexico 5. A gorgeous table we designed for an anniversary party.
What is your favorite outdoor furnishing or decor item?
A pillow with personality can change the aesthetic of an entire room. With so many fabulous options out there we asked our design team to share their favorites with a little…
1. Dransfield & Ross Ostrich Feather Pillow in Aubergine (Available through J Banks Retail) – Deb Van Plew 2. Marbled Pillow from Design Legacy (Available now in J Banks Retail) – Kristin Magowitz 3. Green Sea Turtle from Design Legacy (Available through J Banks Retail) – Janet Perry 4. Links pillow with leather overlay from Jamie Young (Available through J Banks Retail) – Haley Grant 5. Dransfield & Ross Colorfield (Available through J Banks Retail) – Marianna Barbrey 6. Dransfield & Ross Gemstone in Smokey Quartz (Available through J Banks Retail) – Deb Van Plew
1. Hermes Scarf Pillow – Kelly Caron 2. Ankasa Allover Keshte Pillow (Available through J Banks Retail ) – Laura Page 3. Kilim Rug Pillow – Laura Page 4. Carson & Company Scarf Pillow (Available now in J Banks Retail) – Hannah Fulton 5. Dransfield & Ross Trident Stripe Pillow (Available through J Banks Retail ) – Diane Lancaster 6. Indoor/Outdoor Red Pillow with Ruffle by Elaine Smith (Available now in J Banks Retail) – Heather Lemieux
1. Zebra Pillow from Dwell Studios (Available through J Banks Retail) – Marianna Barbrey 2. Perfume Throw Pillow – Lauren Thomas 3. Squares Pillow by Kelly Wearstler – Laura Page 4. Dransfield & Ross Greek Key Ribbon (Available now in J Banks Retail) – Marianna Barbrey 5. Dransfield & Ross Aurora Pillow (Available through J Banks Retail) – Laura Page 6. Summer Ikat Throw Pillow – Lauren Thomas
1. Seashell pillow printed on guaze with burlap tape edging by Elizabeth Lucas (Available through J Banks Retail) – Janet Perry 2. Dransfield & Ross Tourmaline Pillow (Available now in J Banks Retail) – Anna Ruby 3. Houndstooth Pillow by Mr. Brown Home – (Available now in J Banks Retail) – Anna Ruby 4. Dransfield & Ross Mineral Pillow (Available through J Banks Retail ) – Laura Page
Which pillow is your favorite?
I recently had a client who was in need of a home office workspace. Her initial plan of action was to move to another home, but she really loved her current space and location. We found a solution to this challenge by turning an underused guest closet into a home office. By adding paint, shelving, lighting and storage, we were able to make this space personal and functional.
We used lime oak flooring.
On one wall we used a sisal backsplash for pushpins and notes. The desk was custom built from remnants of a beautiful teak species of wood in its natural state.
Keeping with the eclectic mix of materials, this individual stool fit the space perfectly and tucks right underneath the desk when not in use.
To make the space more feminine, we added a chandelier with bling.
We made sure that everything she would need had a space, and was organized.
We purchased baskets that fit in the shelving perfectly to maximize storage and eliminate clutter.
Under counter task lights were added for times when additional light was needed for reading or writing.
To make the space more personal, the owner selected a favorite piece of artwork from a local gallery. The slate blue wall color was selected to quiet the room and make it an extension of the guest room when the space was being used by visitors.
This project was a success because not only was the client thrilled with the results, but we had fun as well!
We took one sofa in our retail store and asked each of the J Banks Designers to style the sofa and surrounding space utilizing pillows, lamps and accessories. Each Designer had the ability to create a space that not only showed their “of-the-moment” loves from our retail store, but also demonstrated how a design client can easily change a space by adding a few new elements. Every week a different Designer would style the space and the results were always unique. Below is an image of each design.
The White Sofa
Styled by Deb Van Plew
Styled by Hannah Fulton
Styled by Cindy Munn
Styled by Shelley Wilkins
Styled by Adrienne Warner
Styled by Patche Pratt
Styled by Janet Perry
Styled by Sharon Cleland
Styled by Lisa Whitley
Thank you to everyone who participated and helped with this project! It was fun seeing the same space interpreted through each different designer’s eyes.
If you’d like to purchase or receive additional information on any of these featured products, please feel free to stop by or contact our retail store at 843.682.1745. Thank you to KPM Flooring for donating the beautiful rugs that were used each week.