We are excited to host famous artist and author and philanthropist, Anne Neilson, for a book signing at the J Banks Retail Store next week! We got the opportunity to interview Anne about her beautiful book and what makes it so special!
Tag Archives: illustration
Internationally renowned artists from historic Charleston’s most prestigious galleries have created new works of art for Pat Branning’s art collection. The J Banks Retail Store has been separated into individual vignettes that showcase an individual artist and J Banks interior designer. This unique exhibit showcases the amazing interaction between Lowcountry art and design.
The event features the following artists:
- From the Horton Hayes Gallery: Mark Kelvin Horton, Christopher Groves, Shannon Runquist and Nancy Hoerter
- From Smith Killian Fine Arts: Betty Anglin Smith, Jennifer Smith Rogers, and Shannon Smith
- Linda Hartough, internationally recognized as one of golf’s leading artists
- Michael Karas
- Ray Ellis and Peggy Ellis of Savannah and Charleston
- John Carroll Doyle of the John Carroll Doyle Gallery in Charleston
The Shrimp, Collards & Grits Art Collection is on display and available for purchase at the J Banks Design Retail Store now through November 14.
Here is a small sampling of the art and design vignettes currently on display at J Banks.
Artist: Shannon Runquist | Designer: Sharon Cleland
Artist: Nancy Hoerter | Designer: Cindy Munn
Artist: Mark Horton | Designer: Shelley Wilkins
Artist: Chris Groves | Designer: Adrienne Warner
Artist: Betty Anglin Smith | Designer: Deborah Van Plew
Artist: Shannon Smith | Designer: Lisa Whitley
Artist: Jennifer Smith Rogers | Designer: Hannah Fulton
Artist: Kathy Crowther | Designer: Janet Perry
Artist: Linda Hartough | Designer: Patche Pratt
Artist & Designer: Sarah Vanderslice
Also featuring select artwork by Peggy Ellis,
and John Carroll Doyle
A “Time with the Artist” series is also planned for the fall and will include four separate events.
- September 26 | Lunch with the Artists of Charleston’s Horton Hayes Gallery
- October 10 | Lunch with the Artists of Charleston’s Smith Killian Fine Arts
- November 1 | Lunch with Peggy Ellis and Kathy Crowther
- November 8 | J Banks Design’s Holiday Open House and visit from the world’s most famous painter of golf, Linda Hartough
For more information or to purchase tickets and make reservations for one of the luncheons please call 843-682-1745. Samples of the artwork may also be previewed at the online gallery, www.shrimpcollardsgrits.com .